Relocation Attorney in Indianapolis

Want to petition for or block a relocation? Call our Indianapolis divorce attorneys.

Whether you're moving across the state or across the street, Indiana state law requires all parties involved in child custody cases to file a formal notice of relocation at least 90 days prior to the move. If you neglect to file this notice, you run the risk of either forfeiting your visiting rights to your children, or of forfeiting your custody rights. Filing this notice helps the court determine whether the proposed move is in the best interests of the child. Enlist the counsel of our family law attorneys, serving Indianapolis, Carmel, and all of Central Indiana. With our help, you can preserve your rights and protect your children.

Want to discuss your case with an Indianapolis family lawyer?
Call us today at (888) 211-3888.

Our legal team shows dedication to protecting all children involved in a custody matter. Indiana is constantly updating child custody laws, to ensure that children are receiving the protection they need. The law requires a notice of relocation in advance, so that the move can be thoroughly evaluated. This ensures that, if the parent is granted relocation rights, then that move is in the best interest of the child.

The relocation is evaluated based on many factors, including:

  • Distance of the move
  • Reasons for relocation
  • Impact on the relationship between child and guardian or parent
  • Financial burden or strain it may incur
  • History of the relationships involved

Indianapolis Divorce Attorneys with You Every Step of the Way

Should the relocating party be granted permission to move, sometimes it is in the best interest of the child to renegotiate visitation agreements, custody, or child support payments. In this case, it is essential for you to be represented by a family law attorney with your goals in mind. Don't hesitate in securing the representation of our team at Hollingsworth & Zivitz. Contact our office today to see how we can represent your case. We are prepared to represent the relocating party as well as parties who wish to contest a relocation.

We want to help you.
Discuss your situation with us in a case evaluation.

Get the legal help you need now!

Start with a consultation with our lawyers.

Send My Message